Community Contributed Links
To contribute to this list, send mail to the Sigmetrics
Please include category, link text, target URL, and a short description, in the style of the entries below.
(Thanks to Dror Feitelson for the original set of links.)
- ACM SIGSIM: SIG concerned with modeling and simulation
- The Society for Modeling and Simulation International (formerly The Society for Computer Simulation).
- Computer Measurement Group: focused on performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences
- ACM Transactions on Modeling and Computer Simulation
- Performance Evaluation
- Operations Research
- TRANSACTIONS of the Society for Computer Simulation International
- SIGMETRICS: ACM SIGMETRICS International Conference on Measurement and Modeling of Computer Systems
- MASCOTS: IEEE International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems
- WOSP2000: International Workshop on Software and Performance
- SPECTS (2007): International Symposium on Performance Evaluation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems
- JSSPP: Workshops on Job Scheduling Strategies for Parallel Processing
- IISWC/WWC (2006): IEEE International Symposium on Workload Characterization
- CAECW (2006): Workshop on Computer Architecture Evaluation using Commercial Workloads
Data (Traces and Logs)
- Parallel Workloads Archive with workload log files from various large parallel machines.
- HPC Workload/Resource Trace Respository from supercluster.org.
- The BYU Performance Evaluation Laboratory Trace Distribution Center, with address, instruction, and disk I/O traces.
- New Mexico State Univ Trace Database: address traces for processor architecture studies.
- The Internet Traffic Archive
- NLANR Internet traces
- CPU info center. Detailed info on CPU structure is important for understanding performance.
- Real random numbers from an analog source
- Statistics data from a multitude of non-computer fields
- SPEC: organization defining benchmarks, notably for CPU performance.
- lmbench: characterizing the performance of a computing platform (processor, memory, etc.)
- NetPerf: benchmark and results for network performance.
- AC&NC I/O benchmarks page, with links to many I/O benchmarks for Unix, DOS, and Windows.
- ParkBench: benchmark for parallel systems.
- Effective bandwidth benchmark.
- IETF Benchmarking Methodology Working Group. Definitions and procedures for benchmarking.
- The TPC benchmark.
- Compilation of industry benchmark results
- The Benchmark Handbook for Database and Transaction Processing Systems, Jim Gray (ed.), Morgan Kaufmann, 2nd Edition, 1993.
- Ploticus data display engine
- Paradyn parallel performance tools from U Wisconsin -- dynamic instrumentation of programs.
- Pablo performance analysis toolkit from U Illinois
- DiskSim disk system simulator.
- Mersenne Twister random number generator
- |STAT data manipulation and analysis programs by Gary Perlman.
- Various tools for variate creation, simulation, etc. by Ken Christensen
- ExpertFit distribution fitting software
- Various software from Palisade, with a bias towards business applications, decision support, etc.
- S-PLUS data analysis and visualization
- Design-Expert 6 from Stat-Ease for experimental design and analysis.
- Statistics.Com: Links to lots of on-line statistics resources, including software
- Quantitative System Performance: the classic text by Lazowska, Zahorjan, Graham, and Sevcik
- Simulation Education HomePage by Bill Yurcik. An amazing web page, with a wealth of resources for teaching/learning about simulation (including software, books, links to courses, etc.)
- The queueing theory tutor with cute animation.
- Queueing Theory Page by Myron Hlynka
- Second Moment -- applied statistics site
- David Lane's HyperStat online book