Student Travel Grants
SIGMETRICS/PERFORMANCE is pleased to continue its practice of offering
student travel grants to subsidize travel costs for attending the
conference. The number and amounts of the awards will depend greatly on the
number of applications received, available funds, and proximity of
applicants to the venue. The grant money may be awarded in the form of
registration fee waiver and/or defrayment of travel or lodging costs. The
decisions will be made by a committee consisting of the travel grants
chair and the general chairs.
To apply for travel grant, please send email to the travel grants chair,
Yi Lu email@example.com ,
with "SIGMETRICS grant request" in the subject header.
In your email, please include the following:
- A short paragraph explaining why you want to attend SIGMETRICS 2017.
- A CV or resume, or just a pointer to your website.
- A short paragraph from your advisor stating that you are a student in
- Your physical address and email.
- Any proof of ACM SIGMETRICS student membership, if applicable.
Note: If you are not
already a member, it will cost you USD $19 to become a student member of
ACM and USD $10 to become a student member of SIGMETRICS.
- DEADLINE FOR STUDENT TRAVEL GRANT APPLICATION: April 21, 2017
- TRAVEL GRANT AWARD NOTIFICATION: May 6, 2017
Support for student travel grants was provided by SIGMETRICS. Contributions from the following supporters helped in
lowering registration fees and provided travel grants as well:
ACM-W Scholarships for Attendance at Research Conferences
ACM-W provides support for women undergraduate and graduate students in Computer Science and related programs to attend research conferences.
The student does not have to present a paper at the conference she attends.
The deadline for applying to ACM-W Scholarships is April 15, with a notification April 30.
More information are available at http://women.acm.org/scholarship