Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
SIGMETRICS is proudly committed to supporting the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) within its research community. Our belief is that all SIGMETRICS sponsored conferences should provide an open intellectual forum for the discussion of ideas in a professional and respectful manner, without any fear of bias, discrimination, harassment, or retribution. These principles apply to our conferences whether they are held virtually, in-person, or any combination thereof. Furthermore, these principles apply throughout all aspects of the conference experience, including the reviewing and publishing process.
For more information, here is a brief summary of ACM's key policies and procedures related to harassment, ethics, publications, and DEI-related matters:
- ACM Policy Against Harassment at ACM Events for issues related to harassment and discrimination. Reporting of incidents should be done via the online form available from the website FAQ about Reporting Unacceptable Behavior at ACM Activities.
- ACM Publications Board Policies and Procedures for issues related to review processes and publication. Of specific relevance to the SIGs are:
- policy on roles and responsibilities in ACM publishing
- policy on coercion and abuse in the ACM publications process
- policy on plagiarism, misrepresentation, and falsification
- ACM Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct for other ethics issues. Reporting of ethics violations should be done via email as indicated on the website describing the ACM Code of Ethics Enforcement Procedures.