Call for Papers [pdf]
ACM SIGMETRICS 2014 solicits papers on the development and application of state-of-the-art, broadly applicable analytic, simulation and measurement-based performance evaluation techniques. Of particular interest is work that presents new performance evaluation methods or that creatively applies previously developed methods to make predictions about, or gain insights into key design trade-offs in, computer and networked systems. The main conference will be held from June 17-19, 2014. There will be workshops and tutorials on June 16, 2014. There will also be workshops on June 20, 2014. Submission details will be published shortly on this Web site. All accepted regular papers will include oral (short or long time slot, single track) presentations. We foresee a continuation in the recent organic growth of the size of ACM SIGMETRICS, while still keeping it a single track venue. All regular papers will be allocated 12 pages in the conference proceedings. In addition, poster papers will be accepted (2 pages in proceedings, no oral presentation).
The notion of performance is broadly construed including considerations of speed and scalability as well as reliability, availability, sustainability and manageability of systems. We encourage both theoretical contributions and also submissions relating to real world empirical studies or focusing on implementation and experimental issues.
Quantitative design and evaluation studies of:
• Computer and communication networks, protocols and
• Wireless, mobile, ad-hoc and sensor networks
• Computer architectures, multi-core processors,
memory systems and storage networks
• Operating systems, file systems and databases
• Virtualization, data centers, distributed and cloud computing
• Social networks, multimedia systems,
service-oriented architectures and Web services
• Energy-efficient computing systems
• Real-time and fault-tolerant systems
• Mobile and personal computing systems
• Large-scale operational systems
• Software systems and enterprise applications
• Smart power grids
• Emerging technologies
Methodologies, formalisms, solution techniques and algorithms for:
• Performance, scalability, power and reliability
• Sustainability analysis and power management
• Capacity planning, resource allocation, run time
management and scheduling
• Anomaly detection,system measurement, monitoring and forecasting
• Analytical modeling techniques and model validation
• System measurement, monitoring and forecasting
• Workload characterization and benchmarking
• Quality of service, total cost of ownership and pricing
• Experimental design, statistical analysis, simulation
• Performance-oriented applications of game theory, economics and control theory
• Big data, machine learning and signal processing
Papers should not exceed 12 pages double column including figures, tables, and references in standard ACM format. In addition, a 2-page appendix is permitted, where the appendix does not count towards the original 12 pages. Papers must be submitted electronically in printable pdf form. Templates for the standard ACM format can be found at this link. Both strict and alternate styles are acceptable for submission. No changes to margins, spacing, or font sizes are allowed from those specified by the style files. Papers violating the formatting guidelines will be returned without review.
All submissions will be reviewed using a double-blind review process. The identity of authors and referees will not be revealed to each other. To ensure blind reviewing, authors names and affiliations should not appear in the paper; bibliographic references should be made in such a way as to preserve author anonymity. Accepted papers will appear in the conference proceedings published on ACM Performance Evaluation Review.
Warning: It is ACM policy not to allow double submissions, where the same paper is submitted to more than one conference/journal concurrently. Any double submissions detected will be immediately rejected from all conferences/journals involved.
The paper submission website is available here.
25th November, 2013, (11:59pm EST) 26th November, 2013, (6:00pm EST)
Submission: 3rd December, 2013 (11:00am EST)
• Notification: 17th February, 2014
16th - 20th June, 2014