Student Travel Grant
As in previous years, Sigmetrics will offer student travel grants to subsidize travel costs for attending the conference. The amount of the travel grant awarded to a student will depend on the student's proximity to the conference. The grant money is only intended to help defray the travel and lodging costs, and not the conference registration fee.
If you registered for Sigmetrics 2013 as a student, you are IN ADDITION eligible for a waiver of the conference registration fee for Sigmetrics 2014 if registering as a student. For this waiver, you must register for the conference and a reimbursement check will be mailed to you later.
To apply for travel grant, please send email to the Student Activities Chair, Varun Gupta at firstname.lastname@example.org . In your email, please include the following:
1) A short paragraph explaining why you want to attend Sigmetrics.
2) A CV or resume, or just a pointer to your website.
3) A short paragraph from your advisor stating that you are a student in good standing.
4) Your physical address and email.
5) Any proof of ACM SIGMETRICS student membership -- (Note: If you are not already a member, it will cost you $19 to become a student member of ACM and $10 to become a student member of Sigmetrics.)
6) If applying for student registration fee waiver, a proof of student registration for Sigmetrics 2013.
DEADLINE FOR STUDENT TRAVEL GRANT APPLICATION: April 26, 2014
TRAVEL GRANT AWARD NOTIFICATION: May 4, 2014